Monday, September 04, 2006

Okay So I've Decided to Keep a Pseudo-Blog Again

I'm using blogger now because, well aparently ipadder went under in the past few months while I was busy not giving a shit. Kind of sad to see some of that old blog go though, chief-among-the-damage being my Day After Tomorrow review (WOLVES!!!) and the Introduction to the Travers 5 Cult. Oh well, say-la-vis. I can't promise I won't get bored of this in, I don't know - 10 minutes, and never post again, but as it stands I should probably be doing some form of writing on a kind of daily basis since I am doing that whole journalism thing, and since I don't have the energy or commitment for a full article every day, here we go.

Now that that phenomenally long run-on sentence is out of the way, I just want to say that I've seen the most ridiculous thing ever today in an ad for the movie Flyboys. It's not that this ad pitches the movie as based on a true story, or the fact that the commercial also shows a character running across the top of an exploding zeppelin, while it's flying. It's the fact they do the two simultaneously that blows my mind. It's like they just said, fuck it, we aren't even going to try to pretend what we're claiming is even remotely honest. I kind of like that.

In other news Steve Irwin (aka the Crocodile Hunter) died yesterday and it's pretty sad. Turns out he was stabbed in the heart by a stingray. Maybe that isn't the grand death you saw coming for Steve Irwin, but you got to look at it in perspective; if I died after being stabbed in the heart by a stingray you guys would all think it's pretty badass. Say what you want about the guy, but his show was damn entertaining, and you have to give some level of respect to a man who spent his entire adult life provoking dangerous animals for the sake of raising awareness and making late-night channel surfers laugh. Laugh at him for his ugly hair or his stupid outfit, or even for dangling his own young in front of hungry crocs, but I think JayPinkerton put it best at his site: "It's probably an unwritten rule of male machismo that once you've got 'Put crocodile in headlock' on your résumé, you're pretty much allowed to act and dress however the fuck you like." RIP Steve, I can only hope you're up there jabbing irritable angels with sticks as I type this.


Coming Soon to my real site: I've actually been doing a decent amount of writing and stopped being fat like... the previous 4ish months, and I've got two articles on the way in the next week or so, and if I feel motivated part of a new story I've been working on.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

about tramadol


cheap ambien



buy propecia


buy ambien online

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MESSAGE

4:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

panasonic digital camera software


digital camera canon powershot



digital camera sale


sony digital video camera

4:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

9:50 AM  
Anonymous SEOkik said...

I have been visiting various blogs for my research work. I have found
your blog to be quite useful. Keep updating your blog with valuable
information…

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home